Saturday, March 1, 2014

Ted


Hi Friends,
Ted here to share more on my recent cruises.  Here we go.  After almost falling into the river Thames in London, we had to take a 90 mile bus trip to Southampton, England where we boarded that magnificent ship. 
It was a long trip, but at least I had a Coke.   The bottles are shaped different in Europe.  The label didn’t say how many ounces were in it, but said it was 500 ml.  I learned that ml stands for milliliters and is the units for volume measurement used in many places instead of pints, quarts, and gallons like here in the US. 
Anyway, once we arrived at the pier, the ship people gave us our room key – it looked like a credit card and it worked like one too – but only on the ship.

My friend bought me a lanyard so I could wear it around my neck.  Very cool!  And speaking of cool, it was cold in Southampton.  The temperature was near 0!  I didn’t think it felt that cold to my fur, so I asked someone why it didn’t feel like 0.  Well, come to find out, in Europe and many other places, the temperature is not measured like it is here in the US.  We use the Fahrenheit scale. They use the Celsius scale.  There is a formula one can use to convert it – (Celsius * 9/5) +32 = Fahrenheit.  Well, that explained it.  It wasn’t 0 degrees Fahrenheit, it was 0 degrees Celsius.  Using this new formula, I converted the temperature and it was actually only 32 degrees Fahrenheit. 
Sorry, I digress.  Let me tell you about the upper decks of the Norwegian Getaway.  First, there is a big dining area with buffet lines, but that wasn’t what I liked.  Seventeen stories above the sea, feeling the wind in my fur, the sun on my face, ocean views all around, there was an over-the-top water park right there on the ship - five multi-story waterslides, two swimming pools and four hot tubs!

Guess what else?  I splashed the day away with SpongeBob Square Pants and friends in a pirate themed area of the waterpark!    And the water was heated, too – about 86 degrees Fahrenheit (30 degrees Celsius)! 

Shouldering a load – “What’s the matter – do you have a bear on your shoulder?”  J

Being Nosey

Get a grip on it!

Up close and personal
Well, that’s all for today!  Next time, I will tell you about the lifeboat drill and the sail away party.  For now, take care, stay warm, and I’ll be back real soon. 
Your friend,
Ted

No comments:

We love to receive comments!