Thursday, January 7, 2016

Butterscotch in NC

Pfafftown, NC is merely a Zip Code Tabulation Area and only exists due to a post office location, which was established 125 years ago. Pfafftown Christian Church was founded in 1865 on Transou Road. The church still exists today, on Transou Road, but in a newer structure. The post office and the church are the only two landmarks that define Pfafftown. Both were closed when we were out on January 1st, but we took pictures at the sites.



We went to an area in Winston-Salem named Old Salem. It is very similar to Old Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts. One difference is that anybody can get onto the property of Old Salem by foot, or car, without paying a fee. Some of the old buildings are open to the public. Other buildings require a ticket/pass to get inside. We took the free tour. The visitor’s center had a Christmas tree in the lobby so I climbed in for a picture. Then we proceeded to the huge covered bridge that was built to go up and over the road, connecting the Visitor’s Center with Old Salem. It is a beautiful site with the large timbers that were used for the construction. After that, we visited the vegetable gardens and I used a cabbage for my photo shoot. I didn’t want to get in the dirt. We visited The Boys’ School Yard/Piazza, Single Brothers House, Market Fire Engine House, and The Salem Tavern.








Once we were done with the tour of Old Salem, we stopped by Whole Foods and I was able to check out the local Carolina Wild Flower Honey. That was fun!! Tonight, I am getting packed up so that I can go visit my next host in Texas. I wonder if they make cowboy hats for bears. Hmmm!



free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

We love to receive comments!