Friday, March 4, 2016

Hipster in Wisconsin

Hipster here!
I had a nice time in Madison, Wisconsin. I visited some interesting places, including
the Wisconsin State Capitol Building, the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus and
Lake Monona. I also partook of some lovely fried cheese and frozen custard, since
Wisconsin is the dairy state! I’m already off to my next place to visit, but I’ve been meaning
to send these photos, so you can see what I’ve seen, too!
Thanks Mrs. Klipfel, for posting them to the blog!!

p.s. Hi, Alex!

I went to the Wisconsin capitol building at night to see the dome lit up.

The next day I went back to see it in daylight.

Inside the capitol building under the dome. I’m on the second floor.

On the shore of Lake Monona.

People ice fishing on Lake Monona. They’re walking on the frozen lake!

Here’s the drill they use to cut a hole in the ice to fish through. It’s called an auger.

Had to make a snow angel!

The Kohl Center is where UW basketball and hockey games are played.

Crazy badger statue in front of Camp Randall (the UW football stadium).

I had a blast in Madison! Get it? A blast?!

Bascom Hall. UW students go to classes here.

The Humanities Building — one of the last examples of Brutalist architecture. Students study music and art in there!
Some fried cheese curds, a Wisconsin delicacy, for dinner. 

Me and Bucky -- jump around!
My hosts, Steve and Carolyn, and me at Michael’s Frozen Custard. It’s kind of like ice cream, only better!

No comments:

We love to receive comments!