Friday, April 8, 2016

Toffee Day 5

Good morning!  Time to keep filling you in on my vacation!  Today we stayed in LONDON!  Because this is Cousin Amy & Erin’s second time in London, we didn’t do too much of the normal sightseeing like they did the first time they visited.  But that is ok.  I got to be snuggled up in the backpack with my head popping out to see the city as we walked along.

We headed out early to go get some breakfast.  We found a cute little place called 26 Grains.  They serve porridge!   Do you know what that is?  We call it oatmeal here in the United States.  I found out that over half of the British population have a bowl of porridge for breakfast every day.  That is a lot of oatmeal!  We took pictures of our porridge because, wow!  Does your oatmeal look this pretty when you eat it at home?  I had my own little bowl of porridge (with honey), and I ate it all up because it was juuuuuussssttt right.  :0)




Later we stopped and had “High Tea”.  It was so fancy!  We each had our own tower of treats!  When our scone plate was empty, they just brought us more!  They didn’t have any honey for my tea or scone, so I tried something new.  I found out that I like lemon curd!  It isn’t as sweet as honey, but it was I was proud I tried a new thing.




We had a fun afternoon with friends of Cousin Amy’s who were in London at the same time!  We walked around and then rode the London Eye at night!  Have you seen the London Eye?  It is a ginormous Ferris wheel!  I was a little nervous to be up that high, since no tree I have ever climbed is that tall, but Cousin Amy held my paw  and I really enjoyed seeing all the lights of the city.

This was a long and busy day walking all around!  Time for bed so I could be ready for the last day!!

Love, 
Toffee




No comments:

We love to receive comments!