Monday, December 9, 2013

Blades Visits New Orleans

Hello again to everyone,
I had two days in New Orleans and saw so much. It was funny when I arrived, people were saying how cold it was (about 50 degrees) having just left Philadelphia at 25 degrees it didn’t seem cold to me! I already told you about the famous Mississippi River and New Orleans is known for so many other things too. Crowds gather here for the annual Mardi Gras parades which is a winter celebration at the beginning of Lent. There are huge parades and people dress up in costumes and masks. I didn’t see any parades but I did see the jester in the attached picture. These are the type of costumes you would see if you came to Mardi Gras. The City is also known for its architecture. I saw beautiful mansions on St. Charles Avenue, French style porches in the French Quarter and the famous Saint Louis Cathedral (named after the King of France) where Pope John Paul II visited in 1987.
New Orleans is a fun and very unique city and if you ever get to visit they have a big aquarium, lots of museums and GREAT food. Today I got to try the famous Café du Monde beignets which are a special kind of fried donut with powdered sugar on it. So Yummy!
I wonder where I will go next?…...I do know that I am heading to Jay Peak, VT in December and I can’t wait to see Gar there when we meet during Winter break for some skiing!! I will bring my Bruins blanket for sure!!
Love,
Blades



No comments:

We love to receive comments!