Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Caramel Visits the Capitol

Hi Cecily,

The people I am visiting with in Harrisonburg, VA needed to get some Christmas shopping done at their favorite New England store (LL Bean) and the closest store is a two hour trip east just outside of Washington, DC. So after doing our shopping, we went to the National Mall and saw the lots of monuments and buildings including some of the following.

The Washington Monument that is still being repaired after it was damaged 3 years ago in an earthquake. The Thomas Jefferson Memorial--from where I was standing along the Tidal Basin I could read about the Japanese Cherry Trees but had a very hard time seeing Mr. Jefferson. But we think the the real president's helicopter might have flown over the Tidal Basin while we were looking at the Jefferson Memorial. After that we drove down Independence Avenue to the US Capitol. I got to see so many buildings and monuments I could not send you all of my pictures.

I hope that all you can come to our nation's capital some day!!

Caramel

No comments:

We love to receive comments!