Monday, November 25, 2013

Coco in Rhode Island

Hi Caitlin,

Here I am in Rhode Island. It's really beautiful here. The state is surrounded by water, so they nicknamed it the 'Ocean State'. We went for a walk on the beach and collected shells. It was a little cold, but so nice that I didn't care. There are so many different kinds of shells and seafood. I tried oysters and LOVED them!

I'm staying on an island in the middle of the bay. It's called Jamestown. You have to go over a bridge to get here. We visited an old windmill that was used to grind corn and Beavertail Lighthouse, which is at the entrance of Narragansett Bay. Before they built the lighthouse, local Native Americans would keep pitch fires burning, to warn sailors away from the rocky coastline. Can you imagine?!

Yesterday we went to Newport. We had to go over another bridge to get there! It's a very old town with a lot of interesting history. We visited IYRS (the International Yacht Restoration School). They teach people how to make boats by hand and restore old boats. We got to see a HUGE yacht that they are fixing up. You can learn about it here, http://coronet1885.com/
 
Rhode Island has been fun, but now I'm on to my next adventure!
I miss you!
Coco



No comments:

We love to receive comments!