Thursday, May 7, 2015

Murphster Reporting from Nebraska

Hi Team Murphy,
    I'm a little behind in reporting my travels, so much so that I've been to the next few states I'm reporting on TWICE! But, it makes for better photo ops that way! Some of the states we went through in the dark, so I couldn't get great photos to share, SO here I am, reporting in the daylight!  First up...Nebraska. How do I put this about Nebraska...let's just say there are lots and lots of farms! They're not nicknamed The Cornhusker State for nothing! 

So many of the fields have these huge crop irrigation sprinklers which help to water really big areas all on their own. Some of these units move back and forth or pivot in a circular motion to cover a huge crop area for the farmers. 
Crop irrigation sprinkler


Have any of you ever flown over states that have what look like big circles on the ground or perfect rectangles or squares? That would be the crop fields from these sprinkler units helping them flourish. While no crops are growing right now, I know it won't be long for the warm weather to help. One cannot comprehend the enormous size of these farms out here until you drive past them. And drive and drive and drive...

The Archway Museum over I-80 & sunset


-Murphster :)

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

We love to receive comments!