Thursday, May 7, 2015

Murphster Visits VT

Hi Gang!
    First of all, I realize I'm late for my set classroom return, and I'm very sorry about that, BUT I am having so much fun and am wrapping up my travel adventures and really thinking about my return to you all.
    Meanwhile, I have some new posts to report, the first being that Jen & I took a special jaunt over the Vermont border from Keene, NH where Jen's son's college baseball team, The Franklin Pierce Ravens, was playing a game. I'm enclosing a picture of that because it was exciting to go to my 1st college game. These boys are good! Bryce is the catcher in the photo, he is a freshman and plays for the JV team, but the FPU Varsity team is ranked #1 in the country for Division II baseball! The college has a GREAT reputation for their baseball team, so I was VERY happy to go. 
    Jen knew VT was about a 10 minute drive from Keene so we drove to Brattleboro, VT. We visited a covered bridge, a "sugar shack" and The Vermont Maple Museum. It was a beautiful spring day, perfect to catch a ballgame and check off the last New England state for me...Jen says, "How could we NOT?".
    Vermont's nickname is The Green Mountain state and is the largest producer of maple syrup in the US. We found EVERYTHING maple at the museum and when we stopped at the covered bridge, we saw lots of spring daffodils in bloom. Did you know that Vermont is the only New England state that doesn't border the Atlantic Ocean? But it does border the Great Lake, Lake Champlain & even Canada, so that's pretty cool!










    Okay, all...that's it for New England, I'll be reporting some new western adventures soon!
-Murphster

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

We love to receive comments!