Monday, February 17, 2014

Blades is in Philadelphia


I have made it to Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love. Philadelphia is the largest city in Pennsylvania and an important city in our countries history. Philadelphia was a meeting place for the founding fathers of the United States and The Declaration of Independence was signed here in 1776. Philadelphia was home to one of the most important Americans in our history, Ben Franklin. Ben Franklin was born in Boston as you probably know but when he was 17 he moved to Philadelphia and made quite a mark our city. He was responsible for so many things that you can still visit in the city today, the country’s first Post Office, the first Fire Department and the first hospital. Ben Franklin was so important that they named a huge bridge after him and there is a wonderful Science Museum that is name after him too. I got to visit it with your cousins Jack, Drew and Cole.
There were many famous movies that were filmed in Philadelphia but probably the most famous was Rocky, in the picture you can see the Art Museum of Philadelphia and the steps that “Rocky” climbed in the movie. It is a thrill to climb them and when you get to the top you see an incredible view of the city in front of you.
 It has been great to visit my cousins and see the historical city of Philadelphia. My journey with Auntie has now come to an end and I am being packed up and sent to my next destination…….not sure where I will be when you hear from me next…….
Love,
 Blades
 


No comments:

We love to receive comments!