Saturday, February 22, 2014

Ted's Travels

Hi Proctor friends,


It’s TED! 
I know it’s been a while, but I have been on a wild trip! I’ve traveled to different countries and to several islands in the Caribbean Sea. Not only have I been all over Texas, Atlanta, Georgia (just a flight layover), Miami, Florida and New York City, but I’ve also been to London, England, the Bahamas, St Thomas US Virgin Islands, and St Martin (an island that is half Dutch and half French).


Interestingly, each place has its own money, but all of the places except England accepted my US dollars. England had something called “Pounds”. I thought that was what I weighed, and I never could figure out how to trade in my weight for a hamburger and fries at McDonald’s on the river Thymes in London (yes they have McDonald’s in other countries). It is just across the river from the biggest clock I’ve ever seen – Big Ben. It is hooked to England’s Parliament House. I almost fell into the river, but luckily, my new friend Allen caught me and took care of me. It was a VERY close call (picture 1).

 
What did I see and learn? Well, it is way too much for one blog, so I will write a few blogs over the next few weeks. I’m fixin’ (yes, I learned a new Texas word) to get back into my box and travel to Colorado. I CAN’T WAIT. I’m ready to see some snow. I should be there sometime next week.

 
So, for today, let me tell you about the ship – the Norwegian Getaway (picture 2). It is brand new. I was amongst the very first people to ever sail on her, and I sailed on her twice – once for 10 days across the Atlantic Ocean from Southampton, England to New York City and again for 7 days from Miami throughout the Caribbean Sea. She is made of steel, weighs 146,600 tons, carries 4,028 passengers and has 1,640 crew members. She is 18 stories tall, 1062 feet long (that’s over 3 and half football fields laid end-to-end), and she floats! Amazing! ! Her hull was inspired and designed by Miami artist, David “Lebo” Le Batard. Not only did I get to meet him in person, I got to have dinner with him not once, but twice. He was so nice. He even signed my new ship model which is with me in my box. I am including a couple of pictures of the ship (pictures 3 - 5).

Anyway, I’ve got to rush off to the post office for my next travels. I can’t wait to tell you more! Until next time, take care, my friends.

Ted (and Allen)




No comments:

We love to receive comments!