Thursday, February 5, 2015

Chuckels Goes Hiking in VA


Hi Grady,


On January 30, my hosts took me to Virginia to go hiking along the Virginia Creeper Trail. 

 It was a short ride from the cabin where I have been staying, and we got to hike on a section of the trail in Damascus, Virginia. Originally, the Virginia Creeper was a railroad line that ran from North Carolina into Virginia in the early 1900’s. Lumber was carried on the trains. Today, it has been turned into a 34 mile trail for hiking, bicycling and horseback riding.





 I got my picture taken on a caboose and an old engine that used to be part of the railroad and on a trestle on the trail. 









 
Then we went to Bristol, Tennessee, which is the birthplace of country music. In 1927, Ralph Peer, a record producer, set up a temporary music studio. He recorded 76 songs by 19 artists in 12 days. These recordings launched the country music industry. I had my picture taken by the sign marking this site and by the large guitar just down the street. 



I’ve really enjoyed my time in Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia, and in the next couple of days, I will be headed to warmer weather in Florida.
Chuckels
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

We love to receive comments!