Friday, March 6, 2015

Butterscotch Bear Visits Middleton, Wisconsin

Dear Calvin -

Oh dear. I want to apologize for not doing as much traveling as I should have. I sort of curled up in my box with the blanket that you sent, and I ended up hibernating for a very long time. :0(

But now, I am up and ready to continue traveling!

First though, I want to tell you about MIDDLETON, WISCONSIN! Middleton is a city RIGHT next to Madison, which is the state’s capital. (Did you know that in the spring/summer there is a HUGE farmers market on the square every weekend? It is quite famous.)

I found out that Middleton was supposed to be called “Middletown”, after a city of the same name in Connecticut. But somebody forgot to put the “w” in the name when they were writing it down, so the name is Middleton. (That is a good reminder to always double check your work!)

Middleton is the home of the American Girl Dolls. I am sure that you aren’t really interested in that fact, so I went on a field trip to find something a bit more fun. I ended up at the MUSTARD MUSEUM! Who knew there was a whole place dedicated to mustard??






free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

We love to receive comments!