Monday, March 2, 2015

Teddy is Leaving Florida

Hi,

This is Teddy Tortaleenie Nutstar. I’m finishing up my trip to South Florida. But, before leaving I enjoyed a little more of the 84 degree weather (at the same time it was 10 degrees in Boston).




 For my last adventure, I took a bike ride through the town of Weston and its surrounding area. They say that Weston was named after the town of Weston, MA, but unlike New England, South Florida is flat as a board (sea level). For you mountain climbers in the class, on my 70 mile bike ride today, I only climbed 25 feet. But, Weston is only about 25 years old with bike lanes everywhere, which makes up for a lack of mountains. I even rode along the eastern border of the Everglades for a 10 mile stretch. The Everglades is the largest subtropical wilderness in the U.S., known as the “sea of grass” and is the home of an amazing variety of wildlife. I did not see any alligators on the trip, but at night I could hear them croaking from the lakes throughout the city. Gabbi and Becca are off to the University of Florida in Gainesville in June, which is the home of the Florida Gators. Go Gators!



Bye from the sunshine state.
- Teddy T.N.
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

We love to receive comments!