Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Chesnut Sees Turtles in Florida

Hi Abby and Class...
I am in Florida. What a State!!! Most important I am WARM. Yesterday we went to the Town of Ponce Inlet which is just south of Daytona Beach. It was named after Ponce de Leon who was the Spanish explorer who discover and named Florida way back in 1513. We visited the second tallest light house in the United States at 175 feet. 

Florida is also known for it turtle nesting areas on the east coast beaches. Turtles come ashore at night to lay their eggs.

 Because the street lights cause the mother turtles to be confused as to day or night the towns and cities have laws about how bright their street lights can be. Some towns even have their lights next to the water shut off. I saw a BIG turtle and how they nest. I was really close to the turtle but I was faster than she was. Last night we were able to see a rocket take off from Cape Canaveral. WOW!!! It was soooo cool and bright. I had never seen one take off in person before. That's all for now.
Chesnut
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

We love to receive comments!