Friday, January 9, 2015

Murphster Catches a Glipse of Wyoming


Well, I only saw about 10 miles of Wyoming coming through Yellowstone National Park but I cannot believe what I saw!



A whole section of the forest was burned. I was really worried at first but Jen explained that not all forest fires seen through national parks are bad...sometimes a fire management team sets fires ON PURPOSE! It's called a "controlled burn" and professional forestry workers decide what parts of the forest are in need of new growth and small fires can actually help with this and you know what? I saw beautiful new trees & greenery growing up right around there, so wow, you learn something new every day. Rangers still want EVERYone to obey the laws on fires in the woods because they can be VERY harmful in the wrong areas.
I've attached a picture of the burned forest behind me and if you look closely, you can see the new growth right next to it on other side of me. Also a different picture with a lot of lush green.
-Murph
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

We love to receive comments!