Sunday, December 14, 2014

Arizona


Saturday, December 13, 2014 11:04 PM
Hello Team Murphy!
I've made it to AZ, one of the prettiest states, yet.


 AZ is home to the Grand Canyon but we are a long way from there. I wish we had time to go because Doug & Jen say that I would love it. I love what I see so far, which is still desert but with more land/rock formations that are so cool.
We entered an area of dust storms, I've attached some pictures but they don't do the experience justice. It was almost 70° degrees but real windy. 




Some rain was moving in from CA & the temperature dropped down to 50° pretty quickly & we all laughed when we saw a big highway sign announcing "winter weather, drive carefully". But usually right before rain here, the wind will "kick up" the dust across the desert so much so that it makes visibility for driving poor & often dangerous...NOT SNOW...but still dangerous. We passed the rain/wind/dust & experienced the most amazing sunset...Jen says sunsets in the southwestern part of the country are like none I'll see anywhere else in the U.S. & she's right!



We've stopped for the night & still have about 350 miles to go before we stop in San Diego, CA, so more reporting from the open road tomorrow!





zzzzzzzzz,
-Murph
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

We love to receive comments!