Sunday, December 14, 2014

Hola Amigos!

Saturday, December 13, 2014 9:29 PM
Hola, amigos!
New Mexico is called "the land of enchantment" and enchanted I was!







NM is a very pretty state and it looks nothing like New England...I wish you all could see it. Much of it is flat like Texas with a lot of desert type land. The vegetation is totally different than home...not a lot of grassy areas or trees! Something funny I saw was tumbleweeds really just blowing around everywhere! Tumbleweeds are just small dried up bushes with short root systems that get so dry from lack of rain here, that they just separate from the ground & blow away! I got to sit on one today...it was the biggest one Jen & Doug have ever seen! 

Seeing all this sure reminds me that I'm a long way from home. In fact, we are on a different time zone. We are on what's called "mountain time" so we are 2 hrs behind MA! Jen says by the time we get to CA tomorrow, our bodies will be confused & we'll be getting sleepy at suppertime because we will then be on "pacific time", which is 3 hrs behind!!


We saw a lot of cargo trains through NM & Doug says they are very common in the western part of the country and they are used like our big rig to transport products of all types from one place to another. I really enjoy seeing them, it almost feels like we are racing each other because so often we are side by side down the highway!





We stopped to rest at a gift shop today and I met some new friends, they were native american and all dressed up in their traditional clothes from years gone by.




Oh and Doug bought me an official Mexican sombrero there, I've attached some pics of all this fun! -And Jen caught me taking an afternoon siesta with my sombrero! Hey, what can I say? NM wore me out!! ;)





Adios!
-Murphster
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

We love to receive comments!