Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Caramel is in Florida

Monday, December 22, 2014 10:45 PM

Greetings from Fort Lauderdale, Florida!
The house I’m staying at now is just a short walk from the ocean. I’ve been so happy to be able to go to the beach nearly every day! To get there, I have to walk across a really large drawbridge that goes up every hour to let the yachts go through. Fort Lauderdale is called the “Venice of America” because it has so many canals and waterways—and really fancy boats! Because I was here in early December, I actually got to see the Fort Lauderdale Christmas Boat Parade. I also learned something funny about this place. Because so many people live on the water, most people put up Christmas lights in their backyards and on their boats instead of in their front yards!
I have spent a lot of time walking along “the Riverwalk” downtown. It’s a really pretty walking path along a river that goes through the historic district of the city. I got to see a replica of the first schoolhouse built in Fort Lauderdale there. I also got to see the Stranahan House, the first house and trading post ever built in the city.
Probably my favorite experience here though was when I got to go stay at a hotel resort right on the beach. Here is a picture of me sitting by the pool and of me building a sandcastle! If you look closely at the picture of me and my sandcastle, you'll even see a large cruise ship in the ocean behind me!


 
I've had so much fun in Florida. Can't wait to tell you about my next adventure!
Talk to you soon,
Caramel

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

We love to receive comments!