Monday, December 8, 2014

Murphster Had a Ball in Louisville


Sunday, December 07, 2014 9:01 PM
Hi Gang!
I hope you all had a great weekend. I sure did and I think I could get used to this trucking thing! We stopped in Louisville, KY a little early on Sunday afternoon to be here bright & early for the mechanics on Mon a.m., so what better way to spend time in the city than to visit the Louisville Slugger Baseball Bat Museum & Factory!


I'm guessing that a few of you are Red Sox fans and guess what? I saw David Ortiz's game used bat, (Jen even got to swing it), and I saw Ted William's & Babe Ruth's bats & during the factory tour they were making about 100 bats for Dustin Pedroia for this upcoming season! I got a small bear size souvenir bat after the factory tour to keep.




Doug, Jen & I sure were hungry after our museum visit so we figured since we were in Kentucky we should find a Kentucky Fried Chicken for supper. Then we searched the city for their famous Kentucky Derby Pie for dessert...which was a yummy success! Boy, we are so stuffed...bed for this bear & I'll be in touch with more tales from the big road tomorrow.


~Murphster





free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

We love to receive comments!